The following are the Official Rules and Regulations of Miss Maryland International®. Contestants must read and
adhere to the following rules and regulations in order to participate in the Miss International program.
To be eligible as a Contestant:
- Contestant must be 19 years of age and no older than 29 years of age, by July 1st of the competition year.
- Contestant must be single, never married, nor given birth to a child. Contestant must be a born female. She must be of good health and moral character.
- Contestant must not have been convicted of a felony crime.
- Contestant must be a U.S. Citizen and a six-month minimum resident in the state of her entry, or attend college or won property in that state. She may compete in a state pageant if she is employed full-time in said state.
- A Contestant could be selected to participate as a delegate “at large” if there is no competition for her area, region, or county within Maryland.
- Contestant will be subject to a registration fee and or a sponsor fee.
- Fees may vary for each state.
- Contestants must never have, or will she during her reign, pose for any photography, video, or film associated with nudity or pornography. Nor has she ever or is presently involved any form of employment which involves partial or complete nudity.
- Any contestant and or family member or guest, showing less that sportsmanlike behavior will lead to disqualification of the Contestant, with no refund under these circumstances.
- Contestant agrees all decisions of judges at the Local and State levels are final and irrevocable, and that she will abide by all regulations at the State competition.
- Contestant will permit to the production and their licensees the right to use contestant’s photograph for publicity purposes in connection will all Miss International competitions.
- Contestant will permit Miss International and licensees to televise live or by the use of film or videotape any portion or all of the competition.
- Contestant, if selected, agrees to attend the National Competition as the State Representation and abide by all rules and regulations required by same or forfeit the title.
- Contestant further understands that if selected a winner in her competition, that for one year her professional affairs, as said winner will be under the sole management and that she will not give any written or oral endorsements commercially without the expressed permission of said same.
- Contestant acknowledges that all rights for any appearances, endorsements, speaking engagements, acting roles, etc. resulting from winning or being a contestant in any regional, state or international competition affiliated with Teen International, shall belong exclusively to same.
These Rules and Regulations are subject to modification, as needed, without prior notice and has the right to make said modifications at its sole discretion.